Using the internet for projects
I am doing research for a school/university project - how do I use the internet for this?
- The internet has a lot of information for assignments and projects. You can start off by using a search engine or Wikipedia, and typing in keywords that describe what you are look for.
- If you are looking for information for school or university you should always check who wrote the information (also known as “the source” or “reference”).
- Good sources/references for school/university projects include: universities, academic journals, websites of large organizations, official reports etc.
- Keep a list of the websites you use to get your information.
- You will probably need to include these in a list called a bibliography with your project.
- As a best practice you should put the name and details of the original source in the bibliography for a school/university project.
- Check how old the information is - newer information could be available. Remember that things like statistics change often.
- Remember not everything that you read on the internet is true - be careful about what source you trust.